Saturday, June 25, 2011

I ♥ Chipotle.

Did you know that Chipotle is committed to serving good quality fast-ish Mexican food while maintaining a standard of using naturally-raised, organic meat and sustainable, organic, local produce? I didn't until about a year ago. This knowledge comes very useful to Schmoobs and I now as, when the craving for meat strikes and I don't necessarily have the means to spend $30 on a pork chop at one of the TWO restaurants in town that serves meat that doesn't taste like sadness, we know we can go to Chipotle. We go about twice a month at this point. It's so freaking tasty. It's so tasty, in fact, that we went there for lunch yesterday and I'm still thinking about it. Hence, this post.

If you go, make sure to ask for extra corn on your burrito bowl or whatever. It's so good. Also make sure you don't look into the toilet after your subsequent visit to the little blogger's room. You'll totally see that extra corn all up in durr. (Sorry.)

Also, rumor has it that they are building an In-n-Out roughly two miles away from our condo. I would be happier about this if I hadn't had a Sad Meat Epiphany earlier this year. But, really, I don't like the idea of In-n-Outs sprouting up in Texas anyway. In-n-Out is a West Coast thing. End of story. Harumph.

* * *

Unrelated: Our Princess of Team Cuddle got her summer haircut makeover yesterday. She sat on my lap as we drove her back from PETCO and - either she was extra upset about having to go to the groomer and/or she was feeling car sick - she projectile vomited all over me as we were literally fifty yards away from home. As she started making the gagging sounds in preparation, I frantically looked around to try and grab a stray shirt or towel laying around Schmoobs' car, but there was nothing in sight. The only thing I could find to grab was...an empty Star*ucks clear plastic cup from the cup holder. I tore the lid off and held the thing to Princess TC's lurching head as Schmoobs, in the driver's seat, was howling wide-eyed in laughter and I was screaming "I HAVE NO CHOICE! I HAVE NO CHOICE!"

I managed to catch about half of it in the cup. Luckily, the car upholstery was protected from the rest of it BY MY LEGS AND HANDS. I'm almost certain I blacked out directly afterwards. All I remember is pulling into the parking lot and throwing the Cup o' Vomit at Schmoobs so I could run upstairs and tear off my soiled clothing and wash my hands in boiling water.

But I instantly forgave her anyway because OMG LOOK AT HOW CUTE SHE IS! *POOF* Heartsplosion!

This makes two vomit stories in one week. This young blog is going downhill and fast. 
But her cuteness more than makes up for it!



4 comments:

  1. Chipotle is also credited in our household with a cupid status as that is where the bf and I met a fortuitous 4 years ago. Yay Chipotle and their 1200 calorie burritos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1200 calories! Ay mami! Well, I typically don't get cheese or guac, so hopefully that will get me more in the 1000 cal range... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news about Chipotle's food! I never knew they were so organic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep! Makes the guilt from all those calories easier to swallow...

    ReplyDelete