Saturday, December 5, 2015

Merry Blogmas 2015: Day Five

Things I did today when I should have been working on my dissertation:

1. Watched Youtube videos in bed. Who are these beauty gurus who are so good at doing makeup, but when I try to do what they do I look like a hooker clown?

2. Watched an episode of The Mindy Project on Hulu in bed. Because I fell asleep in the middle of an episode last night. Once I start something, I work really hard to complete it. (LIKE YOUR DISSERTATION, ACADAEMIA NUT?)

3. Drank coffee in bed. I end up washing our fleece blanket like twice a week because of my habit of spilling coffee on it. Whoops.

4. Went to Home Depot to buy a Christmas wreath, one box of overpriced but beautiful Martha Steward ornaments for our Dogwood tree in the front yard, and kindling for our fireplace. Can someone just give me an Honorary Doctorate in Making Our House Cute and Cozy? Because I think I deserve one. And it would probably be as useful as a Ph.D in Musicology. BA DUM.

5. Bought a ridonkulous amount of chicken wings with Professor Schmoobins. We may be smart, but we do not have self control. We are really good at justifying our bad decisions, though. "It's not expensive, and I've heard it's like the best fried chicken." "We should probably get some extra wings so we don't have to worry about food later." "Yeah, let's just get enough food that we don't have to leave the house again." "We should probably get a pint of the mac n' cheese since half a pint won't be enough." "And a pint of baked beans too. They look really good."

I mean.
6. Cleaned the kitchen, cleaned the living room, hung up the wreath, and started a fire. (See: Honorary Doctorate)

7. Updated my work information on Facebook.


8. Posted this blog.

Oh god. There are six hours left in the day. What else can I do to successfully evade the Dissertation Monster?

No comments:

Post a Comment